Monday, August 2, 2010

Separation Anxiety

So the last week has been interesting. You went in for your 15 month check-up - all is well! You're tall and skinny. Go figure. :-)

But you also got your shots - and ran a fever for a few days. Of course, we figured it was nothing other than a mild reaction so we didn't do anything. Once again, I win the "mother of the year" award.....you had another ear infection. GAH! Needless to say, we haven't slept much in the past few days.

But last night? Last night was HANDS DOWN THE WORST NIGHT'S SLEEP EVER!

Here's the story:
Grandma and Andpa arrived yesterday afternoon with Val. They are here to watch you and Hads so daddy and I can head to SLC for work for a few days. You were great! Lots of hugs and love for everyone - so I figured this 'separation anxiety' you've been going through might be over. But no. Since Nana and Papa were here last weekend to watch you guys while daddy and I went to Telluride - FOR A VACATION!!!! - the smarty-pants that you are realized that another set of grandparents must mean we're leaving you again. So last night when you woke up - at 11 p.m. - you screamed bloody murder every time I tried to put you back in your crib, and clung to me like a barnacle. So you know what we did? We - OK YOU - ended up sleeping next to me on the air mattress in the playroom, as I watched. No sleeping for me. I know tonight will be some of the same, and I need to get on a 7 a.m. flight. Poor mommy. Please know that I love you madly and feel so badly about making you so upset. But I am still leaving. And you will figure out that it is OK to hang out with Grandma and Andpa for 2 days without me.

I hope you still love me when I get home.

iloveyoumadly.
mama

1 comment:

  1. Somebody thought your blog was my blog, which is how I found it. My first name is Berit, but I live in Saint Louis. Anyway, I checked out your blog, and I like it a lot.

    Cheers,
    Berit (who goes by "Brit")

    ReplyDelete